6 Ways to Boost Productivity in Hospitals
Productivity means the viable ability that can do more with less in any business. And, hospitals must accumulate this ability in order to survive in this ever-changing healthcare era where the peer competition is constantly looking for efficiently with the precedence of quality care.
Being manned with qualified and experienced manpower with the support of technical advancements is just not enough in order to climb the ladder of the healthcare business. While providing uneven patient care experience, a relentless sense for enhancing operations competence and mind for chalking out the updated marketing strategies can help to realize the healthcare dream.
Whether it a successful healthcare practice or a newly established hospital that is aiming high, the following 5 ways can significantly boost the productivity of a hospital.
- Pursue Quality of Delivery – Quality indicators against benchmarks and close monitoring can improve the quality of delivery. The strategy to decrease service levels in order to reduce costs will have a negative impact on the hospital. Cost-reduction should be a consequence but not the primary goal that directly affects the efficiency of care. In many cases, it is proven that Quality of Healthcare Delivery is the core value that helps the hospital to be successful.
- No Hurdles in Communications – Any obstacles in internal communications from one department to another can shatter the productivity and will have a huge impact on patient’s experience. A seamless process that can ensure proper communication flow can address this and increase productivity. When communication and transparency is expanded in whole hospital runs smoothly. Communication to the family members of the patients also increases patients’ transitions in the site of care.
- Forecasting Patient Needs – It should be one of the core values. The hospital staff should be proactive and be aware of their patient demands. Aligning resources and managing to provide best care as efficiently as possible is critical than ever. However, the providers must find ways to treat proactively and take initiatives to embarking this culture in the system with full capacity.
- Fanatical Attention to Operations – Analysing quality of service at various stages improves the standards of healthcare delivery. Improved quality measures should be in place in all processes of a hospital. It can build its winning practices in the form of formalized hierarchies of performance accountability, a high division of labour, reutilization of specialist tasks, and teamwork at the point of delivery. Fanatical attention towards the operations can certainly enhances productivity.
- Knowing the Organizational Limits – The strategy planners shouldn’t be reckless while plotting the organizational capabilities. They should know what their winning formula rather than adopting a successful theory that worked for another healthcare practice. Even the best strategy goes in vain if not appreciated by the organization’s capability. Considering your own strengths and grey areas can make the vision clear and lies the path to enhance the patients’ experience.
A perfectly aligned healthcare practice that has setup a better quality monitoring system, has a free flow of communication with transparency, a medical force that can perform without any errors or gives space for any reworks, the same manpower that can be proactive, the management that is fanatic about operational efficiency and knows it’s organizational limits can have a much better chance of winning in today’s challenging hospital environment.