5 reasons why Off-line marketing is important for Hospitals
Hospitals are the centers of treatment, trauma-relief and total rejuvenation. Patients attach an enormous amount of respect and sentiment with hospitals as they involve the “cure and care” of their near and dear ones. This is why even now patients still seeking hospitals and doctors based on “word-of-mouth” recommendations and newspaper reports. Healthcare marketing agencies use offline marketing for hospitals due to this reason.
Even in today’s digital age, offline marketing works well for hospitals. This is because patients use 32% of TV, 20% of magazines and 18% of newspapers for searching online for good hospitals. This is why offline marketing is included as part of healthcare marketing strategies.
- Credibility – Offline Marketing like newspaper and TV ads are considered to be more credible and genuine by patients. With video ads and banner ads appearing in dozens by the minute on social networks, patients feel that social media is not too reliable when healthcare is concerned.
- Retention and Recall – Social media ads last less than a minute while print ads have a shelf life of 7-15 days. Patients tend to retain, refer and recall print ads better. Even hospital billboards or hoardings tend to have more recall to the audience than social media ads.
- Better PR value – The impact of Personal Relations (PR) is high in the healthcare industry. Hospital Branding is benefitted more by PR through events like seminars and conferences. Newspaper reporting on hospitals also adds significant value to the hospitals’ brand equity.
- Brand Equity –Hospital Branding requires a Unique Selling Point like the service quotient, updated technology or the peerless proficiency of the doctors. Such value points are justified more through offline marketing via TV and print ads, outdoor advertising, newspaper reports etc.
Healthcare consulting firms see Offline Marketing as a powerful platform to highlight the value additions of a hospital.
- Repute and Recognition–For a hospital, reputation and recognition is most important and this can be achieved only through offline marketing. Everyone in today’s world knows that ads in social media are sponsored and user reviews on social networks are self-written by the firms themselves. This is why social media lacks social standing.
In contrast, offline marketing if carefully planned, can boost both the reputation and recognition of hospitals. Let us see how.
Healthcare consulting firms are the best to advise you on how to promote your hospital business offline. Here are some Hospital offline marketing tactics recommended for you.
- Display your services elaborately through TV and print ads
- Showcase your expert doctors through sponsored newspaper reports
- Sponsor blood donation and free medical check-ups and propagate this in print and TV.
- Enhance your PR by participating in medical seminars and conventions
- Create promotional campaigns with special discounts for each service and generate hype in print, TV and outdoor ads.
- Ask your doctors or Healthcare consulting firms to write articles on the trending medical topics with your expert opinion on your behalf and get it released in medical journals. This will enhance your hospital’s social esteem.
- Generate PR through events sponsored for important days like World Diabetes day etc.
- Display user testimonials as live TV ads.
- Create a loyalty program and give incentives for referrals and repeat visits of your patients.
Lots more are up the sleeve of Healthcare consulting firms to help you promote your hospital business with offline marketing. The result remains in choosing the right Healthcare consulting firm for your hospital. Good luck!